The following maintenance instructions should be followed to maintain the long-term appearance of your vinyl floor covering.
- Once the installation is complete, do not traffic for 24 hours until the adhesive has dried.
- Remove all loose debris and ensure that all traces of dried adhesive are removed from the surface of the floor covering.
- Mop sweep or vacuum to remove dust and grit.
- Use a damp mop with a neutral detergent.
The following recommendations are provided as a guideline, and the frequencies can be changed to optimise the appearance
- Mop sweep or vacuum to remove dust and loose dirt.
- As required, spot clean to remove stubborn marks with a neutral cleanser.
- Assess the appearance of the floor.
- As required, scrub with a PH neutral cleanser diluted as per the manufacturers recommendations; a 3M® doodlebug or deck scrubber can be used.
Prevention is the first step to protecting vinyl flooring from scratches:
- Use mats at external doorways to reduce the trafficking of grit, dust and water into the building.
- Furniture can cause scratches to a vinyl floor, therefore felt pads should be attached to the feet of tables and chair legs.
- Keeping pets nails well clipped will reduce scratching.
- Some rubber backed mats are treated with an anti-oxidant, which can stain a vinyl floor.
- PVC and Rubber backed mats can cause plasticiser migration with prolonged contact and should be avoided, especially in wet areas.
- The use of steam mops is not recommended for vinyl products.